Baldwin Boxall – Care2 Disabled Refuge System
The Care2 disabled refuge unit is a Type B outstation – BS5839-9:2008.
A refuge remote unit provides clear, hands free, two-way communication between person(s) in a refuge area and building control (or fire officers) during an evacuation event.
This is a Type B outstation as defined in BS5839-9:2011 – for use by the public and disabled persons requiring assistance.
- Green or stainless steel finish
- Induction loop output to feed an external amplifier
- Surface mountable (optional flush mount bezel available)
- Call is reset at the control console when the occupant of the refuge area has been safely evacuated
- Hands-free, speech steered, operation
To comply with BS5839-9:2011 one refuge remote unit should be installed per refuge area. The recommended refuge remote mounting height is 900-1200mm from floor level (from the centre point).
- Two methods to call for attention – pull cord or button on the remote unit
- Hands free two way speech communication
- Assess the nature of the call prior to responding
- Multiple units can be connected radially
- No local power is necessary – all items are powered via the control panel
- Assistance call – proven Care2 technology
BIM objects are available for Care2: Download BIM
The product codes:
Please note: Stainless steel products are not intended for installation in humid areas.
Like to discuss a project?
Call us on +44 (0) 1892 664422