Versatile touch screen control microphone
Our EN54 certified voice alarm touch screen control microphone is a multi-function user interface for VIGIL voice alarm systems.
Special functions, included as standard:
- The ability to record, store messages, play back and even schedule (non-critical) messages.
- A Near Field Communication (NFC) smart card user access facility, enabling limited or full access to the unit, dependent on user requirements. There is also the ability to log on (access) and use the microphone by the use of pin code. Protecting the microphone in this way ensures that only those qualified to use the unit are able to do so.
- A socket on the side of the microphone (when configured) enables the user to directly connect an MP3 player and then broadcast music to user-selected areas (or zones).
- Hard wired bypass input enabling the broadcast of an emergency ‘all call’ (site wide/all zones) announcement in the unlikely event of a processor failure.
- Use the microphone to record and store non-critical speech messages.
Other features of the touch screen microphone:
With straight-forward multi-page scroll through operation, the BVRDTSM microphone enables full control of a VIGIL voice alarm system, including (access allowing):
- Zone or ‘all call’ selection.
- Live speech for general paging announcements.
- Emergency paging facility – given highest priority on the system, automatically overriding all other broadcasts.
- Select system stored messages – general and critical (with priority given to the most critical) – for broadcast to chosen zones.
- Operators can use the microphone to record non-critical messages and store them for future use.
- A third party music audio feed can be connected to the microphone. The output can then be routed by the user to a single, or combination, of zones.
- Select and route background music for broadcast to individual or multiple zones.
- Volume adjustment function provides the ability to change the volume of non-critical broadcasts to selected zones.
- View detailed activity history and fault logs.
- Configurable group buttons enable selection of multiple zones by a single touch.
- Configurable function buttons enable automatic multiple message playback.
BVRDTSMS – surface mount version of the touch screen microphone, enclosed in weatherproof box.
BVRDTSMR – rack mount version of the touch screen microphone is also available.
You may also be interested in:
- A series of ‘How to’ Videos on this microphone and other products.
- Our ‘How to’ Guides provide an idea on the functionality of the microphone.
- Reading about the benefits of a VIGIL3 voice alarm system.
- Our new user-configurable GUI for voice alarm.