Baldwin Boxall – Omnicare Steward Telephone System
The Omnicare steward telephone is a Type A outstation – BS5839-9:2011
BIM drawings are available – these can be downloaded using the link at the bottom of this page.
Steward telephones are generally used in sites such as stadia for emergency communication. The Omnicare steward telephone is just one type of outstation available in the range.
Omnicare is an addressable emergency voice communication system that allows disabled refuge, fire telephones, steward telephones and disabled toilet alarms to be connected to one master control panel. Omnicare has been designed and built to meet BS9999:2008, BS5839-9:2011 and BS8300:2009 (for the disabled toilet alarm).
BS5839 part 9 recommends that sports stadia/venues install steward telephones at regular intervals around concourses so no one has to travel more than 30m to reach the nearest outstation.
Omnicare Steward telephones are powered from the ring circuit and have the following features:
- Green finish
- Rugged handset with ‘T-Coil’ hearing aid compatible earpiece and loudspeaker
- Hands free use
- Door latch initiates call
- Full duplex speech, digital audio
- Push catch (BVOCET) or slot lockable (BVOCETL) door and/or beacon
- Conference facility (via master control panel)
- Surface mountable (optional flush mount bezel available)
- Wired in a loop configuration using fire rated enhanced four-core cable. Read more…
There are various types of outstation on an Omnicare system.
For full product specification please refer to the sales leaflet:
Like to discuss a project?
Call us on +44 (0) 1892 664422