Baldwin Boxall Market Sectors – Stadia & Sports Arena
Designed to accommodate large crowds of supporters, stadiums and arenas are used for a wide variety of purposes.
Not only do stadia hold national and international football, rugby and cricket matches, there are conferences, shows, concerts and more. Of course, there are also racing venues, athletic arenas and other types of stadia – all of a different style, but ultimately designed for entertainment and sport. Owners and organisers of these events need to ensure that everyone is safe and that the gathering crowds are kept under control at all times. It is therefore essential that any communication system installed is totally reliable and intelligible, with the ability to broadcast to independent areas (zones) at any time.
Our stadia audio management systems are individually designed and configured from the VIGIL2 range of products. The systems fully comply to all relevant current and possible future standards – including BS5839-8, EN6809, EN54, BS5839-9 and BS8300 (for the disabled toilet alarm).
A VIGIL2 voice alarm (VA) system with its pre-recorded voice messages and reliable build quality enables controlled evacuation of the stadia in a calm and efficient manner. The Omnicare (fire/stewards’ telephone and disabled refuge) system enables further control, ensuring that everyone can be safely evacuated.
The VIGIL2 range of products allows for great flexibility, not only in the original design and configuration, but also for future expansion and upgrade. Final system design and equipment listing is determined by many factors, such as: number of areas (zones), seating arrangements, location, ambient environment, power requirements and individual specifications.
A major aspect of the system is the sophisticated, yet user-friendly, zoning, routing and full audio path monitoring facilities and dedicated battery back-up systems as required in crowd control and life safety systems. The feature-rich VIGIL2 EVAS DSP-controlled routing matrix forms the heart of the system.
Our product range includes a choice of control options: PC touchscreen control, emergency fireman’s microphone, VA controller microphone, bespoke control panels and paging microphones.
We offer a UK based design and build facility for our customers. A large R&D Department and dedicated System Build Department enables specialist equipment such as control and switching panels, to be manufactured to specific requirements. Each project is led by an appointed in-house Project Manager.
A great many stadia and arena sites have a Baldwin Boxall system installed, the list on this page shows just some of these prestigious projects – there are many more.
- Fire alarm linked voice alarm system.
- Public information/public address system.
- Phased evacuation.
- Touchscreen control with visual layout.
- Crowd/perimeter control.
- Multi-lingual digital messaging.
- De-centralised or centralised system.
- Emergency fireman’s microphone.
- Ambient noise sensing.
- Background music.
- Battery backup and full monitoring.
- Disabled refuge area communication.
- Fire/stewards’ telephone system
- Provision of clear and precise instructions in the event of an emergency.
- Zonal/’all call’ facility for phased evacuation and coded messages.
- Selectable emergency/alert alarm tones.
- Spot/advertising announcements.
- Routing to selected loudspeaker zones.
- Background music, with interrupt for announcements.
- Pre-match atmosphere/ambience
- Al Ain Stadium, UAE
- Al Saad Stadium, Qatar
- Anfield – Liverpool FC
- Ashton Gate – Bristol City FC
- Boundary Park – Oldham Athletic
- Cardiff City Stadium
- Cheltenham racecourse
- Coop Hockey Arena, Luleå
- Cusack Park
- Edgbaston Cricket Ground
- Emirates Stadium – Arsenal FC
- ErgoArena Sports Arena, Poland
- Etihad Stadium – Manchester City FC
- FC Groningen Stadium, Netherlands
- Gammlia Sports Arena, Ume, Sweden
- Göransson Sports Arena, Sandviken, Sweden
- Hampden Park Stadium
- King Power Stadium – Leicester City
- Loftus Road – QPR FC
- Macron Stadium – Bolton Wanderers
- Markets Field Stadium – Limerick FC
- Molineux – Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
- Nottingham Ice Rink
- Ponds Forge – International Sports Centre
- Principality Stadium (formerly Millennium Stadium)
- Rockingham Oval Racing Circuit
- Rocklunda Hockey Arena, Västerås
- Stamford Bridge – Chelsea FC
- Stoke City FC Stadium
- Swalec Stadium – Glamorgan CC
- The Den – Millwall FC
- The London Club (golf club)
- The Stoop – Twickenham Harlequins RFC
- Thomond Park – Munster RFC
- York racecourse