Key responsibilities and duties:
- Liaise with sales admin to ensure the correct equipment has been quoted for each project.
- Ensure the equipment required meets the specification provided by our customer or consultant.
- Design the rack layout/s using Stardraw or CAD drawing package.
- Design wiring schematics with Stardraw or CAD to allow for rack cabling.
- Liaise with our customer’s project managers to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Liaise with our specials department manager to ensure the rack build process meets our customer’s deadlines.
- Arrange factory acceptance tests with our customer and sit in on these to enable project sign off.
- Liaise with our internal engineering team to make arrangements for any on site commissioning or any technical visits.
- Attend onsite project meetings when required.
When required, carry out the following duties:
- Provide compliance statements where requested.
- Provide advice and guidance on customer’s product selection.
- Provide technical assistance to customers.
- Value engineer systems if required by our customers.
- Provide updated information on existing projects/orders to customers.
- Liaise with other departments in order to provide accurate details for the project.
- To take part in sales meetings.
- Offering assistance wherever possible to colleagues.
- Work with the other departments to provide accurate business information.
- Any other duties as required.
- Excellent understanding of Baldwin Boxall voice alarm and EVC products. (although full training will be given)
- Stardraw and CAD software knowledge.
- BS5839 and EN54 knowledge.
- Understanding of fire detection systems.
- Audio knowledge.
- An interest in electronics.
- Loudspeaker understanding.
- Excellent communication skills and telephone manner.
- Attention to detail.
- To work to deadlines and have the ability to work under pressure.
- Numeracy skills.
- Computer Literate (Excel and Word).
Relevant engineering qualifications or experience.
Hours are 35 per week, Monday to Friday, 9 – 5pm.
Salary: Dependent upon experience.
Holiday: 20 days
Company pension scheme and private healthcare scheme.
If you wish to apply for this position, please email your CV to Tracy Skinner, HR Manager, email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 4th January 2019.