System Design Assistant
The successful candidate will work as a System Design Assistant within our Sales Office, under the supervision of the Sales Office Manager and the Sales & Marketing Director. He/she will be required to work with our customers and internal staff to assist with the design and management of voice alarm and emergency voice communication projects to ensure systems are delivered on time and meet customer’s requirements.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Create the system rack layout/s using Stardraw or CAD drawing package as required.
- Create wiring schematics with Stardraw or CAD to allow for onsite and rack cabling as required.
- Liaise with our customer’s project managers to ensure the smooth running of the project.
- Liaise with our specials department to ensure the rack build process meets our customer’s deadlines.
- Assist with factory acceptance tests to enable sign off of the project.
When required, carry out the following duties:
- Provide compliance statements as requested.
- Provide technical assistance to customers.
- Provide updated information on existing projects/orders to customers.
- Liaise with other departments in order to provide accurate details for the project.
- To take part in sales meetings.
- Offering assistance wherever possible to colleagues.
- Work with other departments to provide accurate, well presented business information.
- Any other duties as required.
- Good communication skills and telephone manner
- Ability to work to deadlines and under some pressure
- Numeracy skills
- Have an understanding of CAD packages, although this is not a necessity as training will be given
- Computer Literate (Excel and Word)
- An interest in electronics would be ideal but not essential
- Work and contribute as part of the sales team, but also be self-motivated and to be available for any other tasks deemed appropriate by colleagues
Training courses will be arranged to support and enable development.
Qualifications required: 5 C / 4 grade or above in GCSE to include English Language and Maths.
Hours: 35 per week (Monday – Friday, 7 hours per day)
Salary: Between £18,000 – £20,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Holiday: 20 days
Private Healthcare Scheme
Closing date: Thursday 28th February