Production Test Engineer
We are looking to recruit a Production Test Engineer to work in our Production department.
The successful candidate will work in our busy production test department testing our range of products which include finished goods and printed circuit board assemblies. This will include fault finding down to component level and programming memory and controller IC’s.
We are looking for a self-motivated person who has great attention to detail, excellent communication skills and can consistently produce high quality work. They will be able to work independently but also as part of a team. Electronic test experience and/or a qualification in Electronics is required.
- Test and repair printed circuit board assemblies (PCBA’s)
- Test and repair finished equipment
- Design and build test rigs as required (with help from our design department)
- Fault finding circuits down to component level
- Program memory and controller chips
- Write and/or update test specifications
- Health & Safety awareness
- ESD awareness
- Accuracy, consistency and attention to detail
- Use & care of hand tools
- Mechanical assembly and fasteners
- Cable stripping and crimping techniques
- Soldering; cables, components, printed circuit board assembly
- Electronic theory and understanding of circuit diagrams
- Working knowledge of colour codes and component identification
- Product knowledge
- Working knowledge of our test equipment
- Ability to follow test specifications
- Understand the principles of 5S workplace organisation
- Working knowledge of public address and voice alarm/evacuation systems
- Working knowledge of line and equipment monitoring systems
- Working knowledge of BS5839
- 100V line theory (phasing, tapping etc.)
Working hours are 37.5 per week
Contributory pension scheme
Private health insurance
20 days holiday
Salary between £22,000 – £25,000, dependent on experience
To apply, please send your CV to Tracy Skinner, HR manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date Friday 31st January 2020.